Fri, Feb 11|
Maximizing The Benefits of Youth Sports
Men, join us for an evening of food, fellowship, and equipping as we tackle this topic with some solid teaching and an all-star panel. Attendance is FREE, and includes dinner and a copy of Dr. Prince’s book, but please register so we can plan for food. This event is for men of our community.
Time & Location
Feb 11, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Mountaintop Church, 225 Centerview Dr, Birmingham, AL 35216, USA
About the event
Studies show that over 70% of children aged 6 to 12 participate in youth sports. While there are countless life lessons to be passed along through sporting competition, maximizing the benefit of those experiences for our children requires intentionality from parents and coaches.
Topics to include:
- Why do sports matter?
- Sports and living the Christian life
- How to foster healthy perspectives on sports in the home
- Healthy competition vs unhealthy competition
- Sports and spiritual warfare
- Sports and self esteem
- Sports and idolatry of the heart